- Pui saag or spinach 1 lb
- Shrimps 8 oz
- Mustard seeds 2 tbsp
- Dry red chilies 8
- Mustard oil
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Peel off this can be the tails in the shrimps, then wash thoroughly.
- Fry in hot mustard oil till brown. Take out and aside.
- Wash the pui sag and separate the leaves within the stems.
- Cut the stems into 2 inch bits and fry from the mustard oil for approximately 2 minutes.
- Drain and discard the oil. Grind to many paste the mustard seeds and red chili.
- Heat some oil in a very saucepan when smoking hot, put inside the stems of pui sag along with the leaves.
- Fry for almost any minute, then put in the paste and turmeric and continue frying till water oozes out within the saag.
- Finally, add the shrimps and salt, and cook for one more 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot